I am enlisting in the military and I am trying to get permanent residency for my spouse. How do I go about doing that?

Batesville, MS |

How long does it take for things to get proccessed also?

1. You need to have an attorney file the paperwork. I offer discounts to military personnel, for a free consultation give me a call.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407
    misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

2. Military service members and their dependents may be eligible for naturalization. Please see the following link for more information

3. Need a lot more facts on your case. Where is the spouse? If in the US, is he/she here illegally? Legally? Do you have kids? The process involves filing a relative petition, establishing he/she is your spouse & either doing consular processing in spouse's home country or adjusting here (depending on facts). It can take between 6 months & 2 years again depending on the facts. You should see a lawyer.

4. In most cases the dependents of active military are expedited and in many cases may qualify for parole in place if the dependent entered the U.S. without documentation. We have handled many of these and woudl be happy to advise you.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

Education law topics