I am employee that gets 1099,( independent contractor ) the salon owner want make me sign a paper for disrespectful behavior

Asked over 1 year ago - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

To her employer, employees which I don't agree with. In order to save her self for dis cremation law suit, and being just racist.

1. Neil Pedersen

2

Answered . You really do not ask anything. However, I would say that if you are properly characterized as an independent contractor, you are not legally required to sign the document, but the salon owner has the legal right to remove you from the premises if the conduct he or she says was disrespectful violates your written or oral independent contractor agreement. If you are an employee mischaracterized as an independent contractor, the employer may have some liability to you for violation of the wage and hour laws of the state, but the employer also has the right to terminate you for any reason or no reason as long as the reason is not unlawful.

You should find and consult with an employment law attorney to share all of the facts and circumstances of your situation with him or her to determine what rights, if any, you have in your situation.

Good luck to you.

2. Scott Richard Kaufman

1

Answered . What is your question?