I am employee that gets 1099,( independent contractor ) the salon owner want make me sign a paper for disrespectful behavior

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |

To her employer, employees which I don't agree with. In order to save her self for dis cremation law suit, and being just racist.

1. You really do not ask anything. However, I would say that if you are properly characterized as an independent contractor, you are not legally required to sign the document, but the salon owner has the legal right to remove you from the premises if the conduct he or she says was disrespectful violates your written or oral independent contractor agreement. If you are an employee mischaracterized as an independent contractor, the employer may have some liability to you for violation of the wage and hour laws of the state, but the employer also has the right to terminate you for any reason or no reason as long as the reason is not unlawful.

You should find and consult with an employment law attorney to share all of the facts and circumstances of your situation with him or her to determine what rights, if any, you have in your situation.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.