I am eligible for EB2 category in green card process?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Boston, MA

My education (as per the education equivalent evaluation):
3 years of bachelors degree from India (equivalent to US bachelor's degree in business administration & computer science) and
3 years of master degree from India (equivalent to US Master's degree in computer science).
My experience: total 8 years in IT (5 years in India & 3 years in US).
Will my case be considered under EB2 or EB3 category?

1. Samuel Anthony Silva

3

Answered . If USCIS accepts the evaluation and agrees that you possess the equivalent of an advanced degree, you should be considered under the EB-2 category provided that the job requires an advanced degree.

2. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

3

Answered . It is possible.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Most likely EB3, as your bachelor's is not a 4 year degree.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with Samuel. If an qualified evaluator equates your foreign Master's degree to an advanced U.S. degree, you may qualify for EB-2. Having said that, the evaluation still has the same footing of a recommendation. USCIS ultimately decides whether the job is one which requires an advance degree and whether it comes under that category. Talk to an experienced immigration attorney after you have been offered a job requiring an advanced degree so he/ she gets the complete picture.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I'm a little uncomfortable with you stating that 3 year degrees in India are equal to 4 year US degrees.

You should pay an educational evaluation company to provide a report for you.