I am doing marketing research for the Colorado area. I desperately need the answers to the following questions:

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

I am shopping for attorney's in Denver .

Could you please provide a listing of rates.

For example:
DUI - First Offense $2500- $7000

Criminal Drug case - Retainer $2000
$ 400/hr

Criminal Sexual Assault - Retainer $ 10,000
$ 400/hr

Aggrivated Assault Retainer $ 10,000
$ 300/hr
Homicide Retainer $ 50,000

Divorce - Retainer $ 2000 - $5000
$ 300/hr

Prenuptual Agreement $ 800 - $1500

Estate Planning
Wills - $ 300
Lining Will ETC

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Every attorney charges different rates. You pay more for years on the job and bigger names. No doubt about that. I look at every case on its own merits, estimate the amount of work and, if a flat fee is appropriate, may offer that. Other times, flat frees are inappropriate. Retainers always come into the mix and again, on a case-by-case basis I make a determination.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

1

Answered . Wow. It is all dependent on the case and on the attorney. Some attorneys charge $300 per hour for everything. I charge $200-$250 per hour. I also do an entire estate planning package for a flat fee of $400 with will, living will, medical power of attorney, financial power of attorney, etc. Divorces can be as inexpensive as you have indicated or run into five figures. You are pretty much accurate on the aggravated assault and homicide rates. I would think that most sexual assault would be a little higher due to the indeterminate sentencing and the fact that so many of those cases go to trial. The drug retainer depends on the level of felony, criminal history, the jurisdiction, and the drug, but would normally be $3,000 minimum. The DUI rate for a first time offense is way higher than either I charge or other attorneys that I know charge. Closer to $1,500 if no trial and $3,000 if goes to trial. However, so much is dependent on the individual lawyer and how busy they are and how hungry they are.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . As a general observation (I am not a CO attorney) some of your rates appear to be 'big city' rates, others not so much.

You might want to consider whether you are targeting the 'CO area' or specific parts of the CO marketplace--you might get more variance, but your CPT will be lower and the specific data points will be more accurate.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now