I am divorced, I dont want to deal with husband anymore. Can my mom adopt my 6 month girl and split custody with ex husband?

Asked over 2 years ago - Kent, WA

Divorced in Texas, moved to Wa for jobs. Let my grandma take care of them for last six months. I cant stand my ex husband and I am not financially well off to take care of a girl, can my mom adopt her and split the custody with my ex husband? or do I sign over my parental rights to my mom?

1. 3

Answered . You would need the biological Father;s consent. Lots of complex issues here that cannot be resolved on-line. Please schedule an appointment with a family law attorney to discuss options.

2. 2

Answered . Welcome to parenthood. My advice is to stop focusing on your anger toward your ex-husband and expecting your mom to take care of your problems. I'm glad your mom can help, but that is a temporary, not a permanent solution. Draft a plan for how you are going to provide for your child, because that is the most important chore in your life for the next 18 years or so. It's not about you anymore.

3. 1

Answered . It is possible but you need to visit a family law attorney in person to discuss this matter in greater detail and all the options available to you.