I am disable, and fell I have been defrauded by my bank, two checks $7,000 and $3,000 cleared my account with out my knowledge,

Asked about 1 year ago - North Augusta, SC

The person who name I do know lives in Georgia, my bank in South Carolina.the checks were endorsed but no I'd to prove who cashed them, I went to the bank and they pulled the original checks and they could not even tell where they had came from. No hold were put on either check, and I did not even get a call as a curtesy call. After careful exam of my statement, we found old debit cards that had been canceled were still being honored.all I'm getting is the run around and iam living on a small disability check.i can't afford a lawyer ,all my money is gone. I forget things sometimes, but this is a paper trail. I need help. Thank. You
Linda Parker

1. Jeffrey Denzel Germany

Pro

1

Answered . Time is not your friend. You need to take quick action. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be able to find an attorney who handles matters like yours on a pro bono (no charge) basis. Check with you state and local bar associations for help. Also, you might consider speaking with the regulatory agency that oversees your bank. I have included links to the most likely regulatory agencies below. I have also included a link to the South Carolina Legal Services.