Skip to main content

I am disable, and fell I have been defrauded by my bank, two checks $7,000 and $3,000 cleared my account with out my knowledge,

North Augusta, SC |
Filed under: Fraud Credit card fraud

The person who name I do know lives in Georgia, my bank in South Carolina.the checks were endorsed but no I'd to prove who cashed them, I went to the bank and they pulled the original checks and they could not even tell where they had came from. No hold were put on either check, and I did not even get a call as a curtesy call. After careful exam of my statement, we found old debit cards that had been canceled were still being honored.all I'm getting is the run around and iam living on a small disability check.i can't afford a lawyer ,all my money is gone. I forget things sometimes, but this is a paper trail. I need help. Thank. You
Linda Parker

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you have been the victim of identity theft, you should promptly report this to law enforcement as well as the Solicitor's Office. This may involve both local police/sherrif and Federal authorities since the person who presented them was apparently from another state. Your bank should have a department that deals with fraud, and this should also be reported to them. You may not be liable for forged endorsements if your bank negligently paid these items, and you may be able to recover sums removed from your account.
You will need to consult an attorney to get more information about potential civil claims you may have against your bank. If you cannot afford one, contact the South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service or your local legal aid clinic.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship, and is for general information purposes only. You should promptly contact an attorney in your area to ascertain your legal rights.

Credit card fraud topics

Recommended articles about Credit card fraud

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer