I am currently working for hotel under H1-B visa. Can i apply or switch to EAD?

Asked 12 months ago - Beverly Hills, CA

I dont have any EAD.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . To either apply or "switch" to an EAD you must qualify for filing for Form I-485 AOS, either through marriage to a USC who petitions you or else must have an I-140 petition by an employer approved . You seem to have neither.

2. Andrea Felice Szew

3

Answered . I would need more information to answer your question. You are work authorized with your H1B status. I believe you want to know if you can switch to an authorization that is not tied to a specific employer. If this is the case you should contact an immigration attorney to determine your options.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . It is always best to maintain status. Nothing in your post indicates you would be eligible for an EAD.

4. Douglas Aaron Cowgill

2

Answered . Under the H-1B, you can only work for the petitioner.