I am currently paying restitution to the Federal government. Will they settle with me for a reduced amount.

Asked 8 months ago - Scranton, PA

I am currently paying restitution to the Federal government due to a criminal case. It is being paid directly to the government. I am 64 years old and have another 5 years to make monthly payments before it is paid in full. Is it possible to settle with the government now for a reduced amount?

1. Daniel M. Myshin

Answered . It is impossible to answer your question with the limited facts presented. Moreover, if you were sentenced in the MDPA, you most likely had an attorney representing you. Pose your question directly to your attorney. That said, restitution, while due and payable to the Clerk of District Court, is then paid to the victims according to a schedule established prior to or at sentencing and set forth in detail in your Judgment of Sentence.