I am currently holding L1B with company A and company B has filled an H1B petition for me this year..

Hoffman Estates, IL |

I am currently holding L1B with company A and company B has filled an H1B petition for me this year which will become valid in October 2013.
My question is : Can I work with the L1B employer after October 2013 and start working on H1B later by december/january and can it hamper my H1B stamping later on.

Depends on whether the H-1B was filed for change of status, and if so, on whether USCIS changes your status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.