I am currently getting paid small amounts in restitution from a lawsuit against my attorney is their any way to receive it all

Asked over 1 year ago - South Bend, IN

My lawyer Paul Kusch was incarcerated for stealing clients money mine was to be put in a trust fund until I was 18 . He took everyone's money received four years federal and now I'm getting 40 to 50 dollar checks every other month . . . Is their anyway possible to receive it all at once

1. Megan Elizabeth Zavieh

2

Answered . You would have to look at how the case was resolved with the state bar. If the resolution of the matter included a provision for monthly payments, you probably can't change that without making a motion. From what you have provided, I can't really give more guidance than that. Pull up the case file containing the final resolution or speak to the prosecutor who handled the case.

2. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

Answered . Probably not. My experience with restitution programs of this sort is that as the convicted person pays restitution, small checks are sent by the court system who's administering the victim restitution program to all victims in small amounts.

You could ask the people who are sending you the checks, but I think the answer is going to be "sorry, no".