I am currently Is GI Bill and VA disabilty check counts as an income for child support

Asked almost 4 years ago - Travis Afb, CA

I went to court recentely and the attorney that represented my ex counted my V.A. education benefits and V.A. disability as income towards child support. I called my child support agent and she told me that they could not count that. My question is can they count that and if not where can i find that info to support my case?

1. Rebekah Ryan Main

Pro

Answered . Any benefits that are intended to replace income can be counted. Your child support agent should know the law, so request a modification from DCSS.

Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "thumbs-up" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.