I am current with paying my restitution fine and i havn't completed my cal trans can i get an extension

need to complete cal trans and current with restitution fines can i get an extension

1. Providing you are making a good effort to complete the Cal Trans and pay the Restitution and have had no Probation Violations, you should be ok.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

2. I recommend that you contact the attorney who helped you when you were convicted because he or she is famliliar with your case and Judge. If you cannot afford a private attorney then ask for a public defender in order to maximize your chances for success in requesting an extension. Good luck
    www.losangelesdefenders.com

3. In most misdemeanor circumstances, as long as you go to Court and ask the Judge for an extension before the due date, it will be granted. However, each Judge has their own philosophy on this issue and you are technically looking at jail time if you repeatedly ask for extensions or are not otherwise in compliance with probation.