I am confused on the divorce section on visitation schedule ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Marietta, GA

Under the holiday and special occasion section it lists all holidays and then in parenthesis it says ( see standard holiday and special occasion visitation filed in conjunction with this document) But, I am not finding it? Where would this be at? All I see is standard visitation and it states what weekends etc. and then holiday and special occasion visitation just states the holidays and then in parenthesis ( see standard holiday and special occasion visitation filed in conjunction with this document ) LOST MAJOR please help

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

1

Answered . I'm going to repost my answer to the other question you posted, as it applies here too:

I hate to break the bad news, but you've already made two gigantic mistakes.

Divorce, especially with children, is NEVER a pro se project. You should have seen a lawyer long ago, and certainly before signing anything. As if that wasn't bad news enough, apparently you signed without doing any research into what's involved in a divorce and custody (if you were going to be your own lawyer, that was essential, and let me stress it's still not good, even with research, to be your own lawyer).

To answer one of your specific questions, even with joint custody, most judges insist that there be a final decisionmaker (the tiebreaker) so that disputes do not all land back in court.

No one here has seen what you signed, but it sounds like you may have agreed to some things (and you may not have, and the fact you don't know that is alarming).

How can you change some things? On your own, your chances are likely near zero. With a lawyer, you have, since there has yet to be a hearing, some possibility of addressing concerns. Monday morning, cancel whatever other plans you have, and make an appointment with a lawyer. The closer you get to the hearing date, the less a lawyer can do for you.

2. David A. Canale

Pro

Answered . There really is not enough information in your question to provide a complete answer. It sounds like there could be a mistake or omission in the visitation schedule. You also do not say whether this is a proposed agreement or final agreement/parenting plan.

I strongly recommend that you sit down with an experienced custody attorney to provide you with the assistance that you need. I strongly agree with the other answer that a divorce with custody issues is not something that you should try to do yourself, without the assistance of an attorney.

Remember that any mistake or omission in your final divorce papers will impact your role in your children's lives until they are 18.