Skip to main content

I am confused as to where the U.S.C.I.S.s headquarter is located. If it is in Washington DC, isn't it the location of their FDNS

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Fraud

The reason why I am asking is to try to figure out where to send a fraud report against my spouse when it comes to the uscis.. I thought the National Benefits Center was the headquarter until I found out that there is a headquarter in Washington DC. So if I had to write once for them to put my fraud report in spouse's file, where would that be. My next question is does USCIS gather all the files in one location (if so, which location would that be), and then transfers the huge packet right and left depending which service center and office location you deal with. I am trying to understand who they function like that. Will it help me to send the report to the National Benefits Center too, since they send the I-130 approval notice to my spouse or should I try another location. I'm confused.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Fraud reports against your spouse generally need to be sent to the local USCIS office with a copy ot the NBC. The USCIS gathers the information as filed with the lockbox; in your case the file is sent to the local office for further processing.



Thank you. I've never heard of a lockbox. I also sent them all his info except the copy of the NBC copy for his I-130 approval. I would assume that this isn't a big deal and will not stop them from reviewing it because I failed to include the NBC copy while I did include our MSC # as well as his A#, his name, his DOB and the last #4 of hsi social security.


Send your report to your local office, not to DC.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Keep it simple. You can report at your local office. Or, you may report marriage fraud to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (1-866-347-2423).

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer