I AM CO-BORROWER ON A MORTGAGE BORROWER IN DEFAULT WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS

Oklahoma City, OK |

WAS DIVORCED IN 2004 BORROWER RECEIVED HOUSE I SIGNED QUIT CLAIM NOW I FIND OUT THE BORROWER IS ABOUT TO LET HOME FORCLOSE AND MY NAME HAS NEVER BEEN REMOVED (BORROWER FILED BANK RUPTCY IN 2008 AND I AM BEING TOLD BY WELLS FARGO THEY CAN N O LONGER HOLD THEM FINACIALLY RESPONSIBLE AND WILL COME AFTER ME FOR THE MONEY

1. Unfortunately, your rights are primarily against your former spouse, or co borrower, rather than the current loan servicer. If you signed the note and mortgage, you are responsible for the loan until your name is removed or the loan is paid off. You do have the right to be free from abuse and threats and to be told the truth. Depending on your financial circumstances, you may have to consider bankruptcy. You definitely want to make sure the lender knows you have already provided a quit claim deed. Be sure to obtain a consultation with an area attorney to make sure you have no other options. Good luck.