Skip to main content

I am charged with a felony for shoplifting when i was 16. Can i get this felony of my record? and if so how?

Oakland, CA |

And will colleges be able to see my felony after i get it removed?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you are 18'then you should seal the record. If sealed, then colleges are not likely to see it. Good luck.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

  2. Strictly speaking, if it was a felony, you were charged with commercial burglary. You can get your juvenile record sealed when you turn 18, have served out the sentence, paid any money owed to the court, and completed any classes etc. ordered by the court.

  3. Since you were a juvenile you can get record sealed .


Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics