I am called for an AOS interview. I may be out of status. please see the details below

Asked about 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

I worked for company A from 2009 till 2010
Changed employer(B) got h1 approved with out I94( but have previous I94 valid till 2012 sep)
My lawyer told me I am fine because I have a valid visa and valid I94 I can work for company B. Now couple days ago he got back to me and said I was out of status and he did not pay attention to it. I appled for AOS and got EAD and AP. Now he advices me to go out of country and come back as I have valid visa so I can get back to status. Is it that simple?

1. J Charles Ferrari

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If your approval notice did not include an I-94, and your I-94 is not from your current employer, then I would agree with your attorney.

2. James A. Bach

Pro

4

Answered . It might be that simple, but few attorneys would venture such an opinion on this site. That is because, despite all disclaimers, you could blame the attorney if the opinion turned out to be wrong, and you ended up stuck outside of the U.S. I suggest hiring an experienced immigration lawyer to review all of the relevant facts and documents, and then getting a second opinion in writing.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

5

Answered . Who is petitioning for your? You should ask your attorney why he believes you have to leave.

4. Robert West

2

Answered . This does not sounds right. What is your cases based on marriage, employment, or other family?