I am breaking up with boyfriend.My daughter lives with us.He'll sue me for $ because he paid half of the livingcost. Will he win

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I am breaking up with boyfriend.My 13 year old daughter lives with us.He siad he'll sue me for $ because he paid half of the living cost. My daughter and I used to live in a small one bedroom apt. We have to move to a 4 bedroom house because he has lots of stuff. We both agree to pay half of the living cost. But now he said he should have only paid 1/3 and he will sue me for the extra $ he paid. Will he win?

1. Maria C. Tebano

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . No, he will not win, unless you have a written agreement that outlines what you obligations were and what his were. Absent that agreement, he will not prevail.

2. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

5

1

Answered . Do you have any written lease or agreement about finances or who pays what or reimburses anyone for what? If not (and most people don't have such agreements with a bf or gf), he's going to have a hard time suing you.

3. Douglas Shaun Kepanis

3

1

Answered . If you are not married and do not have a domestic partnership agreement, he is unlikely to win. Is his name on the lease? Did you buy the house together? Is there an order of custody? ...child support?