I am being wrongly accused of being a drug dealer by a bartender and I want these lies to stop! What are my options?

Asked over 1 year ago - Massapequa Park, NY

I have been a loyal and regular customer since 1999. Meanwhile there are drug dealers in the bar and they are free from harassment. It's embarrassing when I go there with my girlfriend. My employer sometimes visits this establishment and it could affect my job as well. I am innocent and it's frustrating.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Best Answer

Answered . How are you being accused? Does the bartender call the police? If so, there is not much you can do to stop him. Does the bartender make statements to other people? If so, you can sue the bartender, and perhaps the bar, for defemation per se. Two issues are whether there are large enough damages (or any real damages) making it worth while to sue and whether there are assets to collect from.

2. David J. McCormick

1

1

Answered . Is the bartender the owner? If not then try talking to the owner and tell them what is going on and state that you can just start going somewhere else if it does not stop. Stress how long you have been a regular customer.