Skip to main content

I am being sued I don't really no who was drivivg my car with no permission .

Butler, PA |

My son tells me his friend was driving an the friend tells me it was my son which has no liscence and it was a hit and run with minor damage to car an no damage to my car my car rea r ended her neither one had permission

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Usually you are responsible for who is driving your car, however you need to have a local civil defense attorney assist you. I would suggest you use the Avvo attorney search bar.

    (206) 335-3880. We retain experts and begin contingency fees at 29%. However, communication through Avvo does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.

  2. If you did not give permission for your car to be driven it may be considered similar to a stolen car situation where you would not be liable. I cannot decifer based on the facts whether or not you allowed your car to be driven. Conosult a local attorney to look at all the facts and properly advise you.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  3. If you have insurance, contact your carrier. If not retain local counsel

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

  4. Turn it over to your insurance company to defend.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics