Skip to main content

I am being sued for slander and defamation. I am unimployed and going threw a very difficult time.

Blackwood, NJ |

I have limited money because my husband is unimployed and if I do not get a lawyer with in 20 days judgement will be entered against me and I may lose my home.
I do have some money.will any lawyer help me for some money and the rest when and if we win.
I had one lawyer tell me we had a very strong case for a counter suite,but I can not afford his fee up front.
The money up front is the only reason I can not gpo with this other lawyer.
Please help us.

Attorney Answers 1


I think you may have misread the summons which was served upon you with the complaint. The complaint must be answered within 20 days. You do not have to retain an attorney to file an answer. You could file your own denials to the numbered allegations in the complaint. I suggest that you do this while you still seek an attorney to take on your representation. Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics