Skip to main content

I am being sued for back business personal property taxes. Can they freeze my bank accounts?

Grand Prairie, TX |
Filed under: Sued for debt

I have since moved to a new location. Here I only rent one bay and only own some hand tools.

Attorney Answers 2


If they get a judgment then Texas authorizes the garnishment of bank accounts to collect on the judgment

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


They can only do this if they win the lawsuit and get a judgment but you should consider fighting it and working out a payment plan. The amount of the claim can double in just a few years and a small balance could mushroom into a big problem. Also, it sounds like you are still in business. With a judgment, creditors can interfere with your business and cause problems. Also you will likely not be able to obtain any future business loans if a judgment is out there. You should try to prevent a judgment if at all possible.

My comments are not legal advice and are for informational purposes only.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Sued for debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics