I am being sued for a car accident i was involved in should i file bankruptcy before or after any settlement?

Asked over 5 years ago - Kankakee, IL

i am being sued for about 18,000 and i only make less than 10,000 a year. I have never been involved in any legal proceedings so i really dont know where to go from here

1. Bradley Louis Schencker

Answered . YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY!
    Unfortunately, in the small space provided for questions one is unable to get a full background of the matter. In the situations such as you are explaining you should immediately seek the counsel of a capable attorney that practices in this area of law or if you cannot afford an attorney, you should seek a social service organization in your area. This answer is general in nature and does not form an attorney client relationship. If you would like to get more information on this topic or to establish an attorney client relationship please contacts my office.
    This may be deemed an advertisement and as such: information contained within this answer has been approved by Bradley L. Schencker, a licensed attorney to practice law in the State of Illinois, for any questions contact Bradley L. Schencker by the methods provided herein.