Skip to main content

I am being retaliated against for reporting dicrimination

Hesperia, CA |

I reported racial and gender discrimination to my employer and now have been laid many more details

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You posted no question to be answered. If the facts you report are accurate, you need to locate and consult with an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible to explore your facts and determine your options. I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

    Most employment attorneys who practice this area of law work on a contingency basis, meaning you can hire an attorney without paying any money until the matter results in a positive outcome for you. Many advance all the costs of the litigation as well. Do not let fear of fees and costs keep you from finding a good attorney.

    Good luck to you.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

  2. You should consult with a lawyer to see if you have a retaliation case.

    Best of luck.

  3. You should consult with an employment lawyer about your situation, your rights, and your options.

    I answer questions on Avvo to try to help get you pointed in the right direction. But, I am not your attorney. Beware, my answers here are general, limited, incomplete, and can never be as complete, thorough, or accurate as one I would give to a client after hearing all of the facts and details of my client's situation and applying the correct law. Also, I am admitted to practice law only in California and all of my answers are intended exclusively for the Golden State.

  4. It is unlawful to retaliate against an employee for reporting or claiming unlawful discrimination in good faith. If you have been retaliated against BECAUSE you reported unlawful discrimination (based on age, race, gender, religion, medical condition, etc.) in good faith, call an employment law attorney to discuss. Many of us offer a free initial phone consultation.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics