I am being investigated for unemployment fraud. Not sure what to do...or what penalties I will face?

Detroit, MI |

I was unemployed for a short time, I then worked a job for a week and quit, I was still receiving benefits at that time. Now I am being investigated for fraud

Fraud is actionable if certain elements of proof are established by the evidence. Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation for an hour - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me.

Note: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. Check with a lawyer in your own jurisdiction. The law is constantly changing and answers different from place to place.

Recommended articles about Employment