I am being investigated by irs

Asked 11 months ago - Westbury, NY

I prepare taxes they came to my house and left letter in mailbox saying to call them

1. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

5

Best Answer

Answered . If the IRS CID (Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division) came to talk to you the has been investigated thoroughly. The agents have done their homework and are hoping that you will cooperate. Whether cooperation or an assertion of your right against self-incrimination is the best path is dependent on many factors. Any belief that you can "talk your way" out of this is foolish and may harm you. Remember that giving a false statement to the agent is a separate offense.
    Consult with an experienced federal criminal defense attorney BEFORE you make any statements. The attorney should have specific experience with Tax preparer issues.

2. Jonathan Brian Manley

Pro

5

Answered . Contact a criminal defense attorney specializing in white collar crimes ASAP.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Discuss the matter with a criminal defense lawyer before calling the IRS.

4. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . Be sure to have a good accountant working for you.

5. Robb Adam Longman

Pro

2

Answered . Obtain a lawyer who does criminal tax defense. Do not consult with an accountant nor speak to anyone about this matter. Anything you say, except to a lawyer who is representing you can be used against you.

6. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Hire a good accountant. They have forms to represent you with the IRS.