I am being indicted on some charges through the federal government and I need to know what are my options and what do I need to

Asked 6 months ago - Belleville, IL

Im being charged with 3 counts. 1 for health care fruad.
Count 2 trying to defraud medicaid.
Count 3 try to defraud medicaid.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

10

Answered . At this point, you have only one good option: Hire a federal criminal defense attorney and refrain from further discussion of your matter with anyone (online or in person) except you lawyer.

2. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

4

Answered . Asking the question you ask is not an easy question to answer.

This is yet another example that what appears to be a relatively straight forward question is not simple to answer unless ALL the facts and an actual (not a paraphrasing) review of the court record is conducted by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.

The first part of a complete analysts is reviewing the government's investigation. This must be followed by the defense investigation of the events that tests the government's conclusions and pursues any new leads.
    The defense must ascertain if the government can meet it's burden of proving it's case beyond a reasonable doubt.

A determination of alternative sentencing and the viability of plea negotiations must be methodically considered. This is currently in the news.

Case law analysis and application is an important part, I say part, of what experienced federal criminal defense attorneys do to protect their clients.

This is a cursory review of what good lawyers do every time they accept a new criminal case. Consult an experienced federal criminal defense in this and in all cases.

Your questions are excellent and you deserve a serious complete answer.

3. Joshua Sabert Lowther

Pro

5

1

Answered . You should consult with several attorneys who are experienced in defending federal criminal cases - particularly health care fraud prosecutions - and retain at least one of them to represent you as quickly as possible. Don't hesitate to ask about their experience (number of federal criminal cases handled, number of health care fraud cases handled, etc.); such questions are appropriate. The urgency in retaining counsel is to allow your attorney an opportunity to contact the government's attorney before the government makes any charging decisions. - Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq., National Federal Defense Group.

4. Zachary Cryder Shaffer

5

Answered . Do you have a copy of the indictment? Has your detention hearing been heard yet? These are serious charges and you need to hire someone right away.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Let me take this in again. You write " I am being indicted on some charges through the federal government" and you are entertaining your legal opinions online without a retained reputable criminal defense counsel already? Why?

6. Stephen F Wallace

2

Answered . IF you cannot afford an attorney, the Federal Defenders in your district can appoint you one. Hiring a while collar defense team is a precarious notion. You need to interview and see how each advocates your position, not just mitigating it. You also have to have an expert accountant to forensically review your Medicare claims and payments to verify the authenticity of the allegations. Just like hiring a practice manager, field your prospects and vet them well. Do not speak with anyone until your attorney interviews you first. Take Care!

7. Jeremy Brian Gordon

Pro

2

Answered . You need an attorney that has experience with health care fraud matters [removed]

8. Yaniv Kenan

1

Answered . These are serious charges. It would be good for you to hire a skilled and reputable criminal defense attorney on your side.