Skip to main content

I am being indicted on some charges through the federal government and I need to know what are my options and what do I need to

Belleville, IL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Im being charged with 3 counts. 1 for health care fruad.
Count 2 trying to defraud medicaid.
Count 3 try to defraud medicaid.

Attorney Answers 8

  1. At this point, you have only one good option: Hire a federal criminal defense attorney and refrain from further discussion of your matter with anyone (online or in person) except you lawyer.

  2. You should consult with several attorneys who are experienced in defending federal criminal cases - particularly health care fraud prosecutions - and retain at least one of them to represent you as quickly as possible. Don't hesitate to ask about their experience (number of federal criminal cases handled, number of health care fraud cases handled, etc.); such questions are appropriate. The urgency in retaining counsel is to allow your attorney an opportunity to contact the government's attorney before the government makes any charging decisions. - Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq., National Federal Defense Group.

  3. Do you have a copy of the indictment? Has your detention hearing been heard yet? These are serious charges and you need to hire someone right away.

    (215)564-1634 work (215)849-2173 cell Montoya Shaffer, LLC 100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1216 Philadelphia, PA 19110

  4. IF you cannot afford an attorney, the Federal Defenders in your district can appoint you one. Hiring a while collar defense team is a precarious notion. You need to interview and see how each advocates your position, not just mitigating it. You also have to have an expert accountant to forensically review your Medicare claims and payments to verify the authenticity of the allegations. Just like hiring a practice manager, field your prospects and vet them well. Do not speak with anyone until your attorney interviews you first. Take Care!

  5. You need an attorney that has experience with health care fraud matters [removed]


  6. Asking the question you ask is not an easy question to answer.

    This is yet another example that what appears to be a relatively straight forward question is not simple to answer unless ALL the facts and an actual (not a paraphrasing) review of the court record is conducted by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.

    The first part of a complete analysts is reviewing the government's investigation. This must be followed by the defense investigation of the events that tests the government's conclusions and pursues any new leads.
    The defense must ascertain if the government can meet it's burden of proving it's case beyond a reasonable doubt.

    A determination of alternative sentencing and the viability of plea negotiations must be methodically considered. This is currently in the news.

    Case law analysis and application is an important part, I say part, of what experienced federal criminal defense attorneys do to protect their clients.

    This is a cursory review of what good lawyers do every time they accept a new criminal case. Consult an experienced federal criminal defense in this and in all cases.

    Your questions are excellent and you deserve a serious complete answer.

    Of course, every answer or response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. This answer/response should NOT be relied upon to make any legal decisions. Seek the advice of an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction BEFORE you say or do anything.

  7. Let me take this in again. You write " I am being indicted on some charges through the federal government" and you are entertaining your legal opinions online without a retained reputable criminal defense counsel already? Why?

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

  8. These are serious charges. It would be good for you to hire a skilled and reputable criminal defense attorney on your side.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response is for educational purposes only. I have not met with you and I am not knowledgeable about the specific details of your case. Each case is unique and different. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you contact and meet with a licensed criminal defense attorney to discuss your specific circumstances. In addition, an attorney-client relationship is not created by virtue of this response.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics