I am being harassed by AES a private student loan company. I want to find a good lawyer in Austell, GA, who can assist me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Marietta, GA

I took a 5,000 loan in which my mom co-signed for college. I was told of the many repayment options and the deferment options as well. Well, at one point I took a break from school but then returned in which the deferment forms were filled out and sent to them. They have consistantly been harassing me with billa and letters and threats. At one point I resolved it by sending them proof of my schooling and grad date in which i was to be given the 6 month grace period. I was told that evertyhing was fine the deferment was in place but months later (NOW) My mother and I are being harassed by the collection agency for the payment in full. A rep has even told me that "I better use my income tax money to pay it off". How dare she? Can any send me in the right direction for help

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

1

1

Answered . Call my colleague Alvin Albert at 404-781-8567 as he deals with a lot of student loan cases.

2. Ashley Anne Digiulio

Pro

Answered . We are local. 770-309-9551
    http://www.stoplawsuit.org/

3. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

Answered . Bankruptcy cannot discharge student loans in a case unless your are never going to be able to earn money for the rest if your life, so that is not really an option. Given the amount of debt, you should try to work out some kind of arrangement with the creditor directly, bypassing the collection agency if possible.