I am being Harassed, Stalked & Extorted - I am not sure what to do or where to get started for help

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I sent several Antique toys to be restored by a person in GA, valued at $5k They have several web sites & Facebook which looks legit. They required payment up front then after she finished she is now telling me I have to pay her more if I ever want to see them again. She has been harassing me via email, went onto my FB acct and sent email to several people and now says she is contacting my employer. She ran a background on me without my concent. I found out she is not a licensed business and when I ?? this. she said she never said she was a business. She deceives people into thinking she is. I told her fine, I would pay just to get my items back then she adds more terms and says I now am being charged $50 for each email She now says I have 45 days left to pay or she will sell everything

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . There is a lot going on here and I'm not sure I have the full picture but I would file a police report. Since she is in GA it would be a Federal case but it sounds like you are being ripped off. Call her and tell her to send you back your property or you will call the police..

    Good luck!

    Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.... more
  2. David Andrew Mallen

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Small claims court may be an option for getting a money judgment in California that you can then enforce in GA.

    Or, you can get a free consult from an attorney to do an asset check to see if it is worth suing her in court for torts as well as contract damages.

    Contact a local lawyer.

    Hacking into your Facebook Acccount sounds like a federal crime.

    David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,419 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,419 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering