I am being Harassed, Stalked & Extorted - I am not sure what to do or where to get started for help

San Diego, CA |

I sent several Antique toys to be restored by a person in GA, valued at $5k They have several web sites & Facebook which looks legit. They required payment up front then after she finished she is now telling me I have to pay her more if I ever want to see them again. She has been harassing me via email, went onto my FB acct and sent email to several people and now says she is contacting my employer. She ran a background on me without my concent. I found out she is not a licensed business and when I ?? this. she said she never said she was a business. She deceives people into thinking she is. I told her fine, I would pay just to get my items back then she adds more terms and says I now am being charged $50 for each email She now says I have 45 days left to pay or she will sell everything

There is a lot going on here and I'm not sure I have the full picture but I would file a police report. Since she is in GA it would be a Federal case but it sounds like you are being ripped off. Call her and tell her to send you back your property or you will call the police..

Good luck!

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

Thanks for your response. I have told her I was going to file a report with the Police, she just laughs at me and says go right ahead.

Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

Then file a report. If she is using the internet to defraud people, then she is facing serious charges.

Small claims court may be an option for getting a money judgment in California that you can then enforce in GA.

Or, you can get a free consult from an attorney to do an asset check to see if it is worth suing her in court for torts as well as contract damages.

Contact a local lawyer.

Hacking into your Facebook Acccount sounds like a federal crime.

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Recommended articles about Personal injury