I am being forced by my employer to seek counseling for stress in the work place and it has been discussed with my co workers.

Seattle, WA |

I had a meeting with my manager and the HR manager and they told me that they would only say that I needed to take time off and then less than 2 hours after I left work emails are going around that I am crazy. Do I have a case? They called me in after working over 140 hours in the last two weeks due to one of my reports leaving and forced me to sign a M]mandatory referral form for counseling or lose my job. I have a copy of emails sent by other managers discussing with one of my reports that I was crazy.

So sorry to read of this -- do you have a question in here? If it's "can I sue my employer for letting the word out?", talk to a labor law attorney in Seattle.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

This was posted in the personal injury section, but should have been posted under employment law section

This is a question best addressed by an employment attorney.

Contact an employment law attorney in area to go over your legal options.

Any accident and legal information provided by Davis Law Group to non-clients is for general information purposes only. It is not a substitute for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created or maintained without a signed written agreement between the client and the law firm.