Skip to main content

I am being falsely accused of theft that happened may 6th but on notice to appear they put on or about june 6th what can i do??

Wichita, KS |

My boss didn't fire me till a month later and he put on termination paper that he was uncomfortable with me working there not for theft. I filed unemployement and funny now i get served with papers for theft.. was wondering what can i do

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    It sure sounds like a retaliatory action by your former boss. Talk to a criminal lawyer immediately and do not speak to the police or anyone from your former employment.

    I am licensed to practice law in VA, not your state. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

    Good luck.

    Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

    James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

    Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

  2. First things first; you need the help of a good criminal defense lawyer. Do not talk about the facts or allegations until you have spoke with your lawyer. The date may or may not turn into a viable defense. Case law in general about such things is not very good for defense.

    Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

  3. Unfortunately the prosecutor can easily fix the mistake by amending the complaint/citation. In Wichita the municipal court is unfortunately informal and navigating these waters can be pretty difficult. If you're innocent then you're definitely going to want help in the City of Wichita.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics