I am being falsely accused of theft that happened may 6th but on notice to appear they put on or about june 6th what can i do??

Asked over 1 year ago - Wichita, KS

My boss didn't fire me till a month later and he put on termination paper that he was uncomfortable with me working there not for theft. I filed unemployement and funny now i get served with papers for theft.. was wondering what can i do

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

3

1

Answered . First things first; you need the help of a good criminal defense lawyer. Do not talk about the facts or allegations until you have spoke with your lawyer. The date may or may not turn into a viable defense. Case law in general about such things is not very good for defense.

2. James Donald Garrett

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . It sure sounds like a retaliatory action by your former boss. Talk to a criminal lawyer immediately and do not speak to the police or anyone from your former employment.

I am licensed to practice law in VA, not your state. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

3. Jess William Hoeme

2

1

Answered . Unfortunately the prosecutor can easily fix the mistake by amending the complaint/citation. In Wichita the municipal court is unfortunately informal and navigating these waters can be pretty difficult. If you're innocent then you're definitely going to want help in the City of Wichita.