I am being falsely accused of theft that happened may 6th but on notice to appear they put on or about june 6th what can i do??

Wichita, KS |

My boss didn't fire me till a month later and he put on termination paper that he was uncomfortable with me working there not for theft. I filed unemployement and funny now i get served with papers for theft.. was wondering what can i do

It sure sounds like a retaliatory action by your former boss. Talk to a criminal lawyer immediately and do not speak to the police or anyone from your former employment.

I am licensed to practice law in VA, not your state. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
jd@garrettlawgroup.com
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

First things first; you need the help of a good criminal defense lawyer. Do not talk about the facts or allegations until you have spoke with your lawyer. The date may or may not turn into a viable defense. Case law in general about such things is not very good for defense.

Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. www.TheKansasDefender.com This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

I have spoke with an attorney and she filed motion for discovery and they charged her $25.00 for it she informed me that there was some things she had to question and waiting for them to respond it is over lottery tickets they said a ticket was turned in on my shift and because of that i stole it and that other tickets on bonus box was scratched on all tickets cops said none were sold the day before but on notice to appear it now shows tickets 14 through 59 boss had no way of keeping track of tickets sold except by the word of employees no camera no scanner on register

Patrick Michael Lewis

Patrick Michael Lewis

I am glad you have an attorney on the case. The charge for discovery is a bit high in my experience, but not unheard of. With lottery tickets the state keeps pretty close records, at least of where they send which tickets. You need to address your questions about the case and the firing to your attorney.

Unfortunately the prosecutor can easily fix the mistake by amending the complaint/citation. In Wichita the municipal court is unfortunately informal and navigating these waters can be pretty difficult. If you're innocent then you're definitely going to want help in the City of Wichita.

I can't get help in the city of wichita because they are holding court in cheney ks

Jess William Hoeme

Jess William Hoeme

I actually live just outside Cheney and I have worked with the Cheney municipal court many times. Give me a call or email and I'd be happy to take a look at your case.

can you email me your info?? I don't have any extra money right now being I am a single mom and lost my job plus they denied me unemployment.... but I will try to come up with as much as i can here is my email address jessica_derixson@sutv.com