I am being discharged from employment with a CA based technology company.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I have been given a severance agreement to sign and to return to the company if I want to be paid. I do not believe that this severance is fair and would like to speak with an attorney who can advise me on the direction that I should take with this agreement and the discharge.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . There is a vast army of skilled and experienced employment attorneys in S. F. Call any one or more of them for a fee quote.

2. Michael Charles Doland

1

Answered . Instead of posting as a question, you may wish to use the "Find a Lawyer" functin of Avvo under employment law.

3. Kristine S Karila

1

Answered . While employers are not required to pay any severance pay unless they have a policy/practice of doing so, severance agreements are negotiable. If the company pays severance pay, it may not discriminate against employees because of age, race, gender, religion, medical condition, etc. in determining the amount of pay. If you have any legal claims such as unlawful discrimination, failure to pay wages timely, overtime, etc., you may have more leverage in negotiation the amount of severance pay. Contact an employment law attorney to discuss. 949-481-6909.