I am being charged with robbery with bodily injury,a second degree felony. The police report say that the plaintiff had a red

Houston, TX |

red mark were I supposeably struck him with my arm(which I never did!). Was the police officer suppose to take a picture of the alleged injury? and if no picture is available will this help my case?

It certainly will help if the state doesn't have photo evidence of any injuries. If you haven't already done so, start looking around for a good lawyer to represent you. This obviously is a serious charge so you need to legal assistance ASAP. Best of luck!

The above is for academic purposes and is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Tedd is correct, you need to find a good criminal defense attorney and not discuss this case with anyone else or on a public site like this one.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

An officer doing a thorough investigation certainly would photograph any injuries. Sometimes, however, they don't...for lots of reasons (bad cop, lazy cop, no camera, etc.). A photograph showing the injuries will surely hurt your case. Not having a photograph might help your case. Only an experienced criminal defense lawyer will know how to use this strategically to your advantage. And I strongly recommend you get one quickly...a robbery charge is a very serious allegation.

*** The fact that you solicited advice over a public forum waives any attorney-client privilege thus far. In addition, communications over this forum do not create any attorney-client relationship. To have a privileged conversation and/or establish an attorney-client relationship, contact me using the following information: Peyton Z. Peebles III Capitaine, Shellist, Peebles & McAlister, LLP, 713-715-4500 (office) 713-715-4500 (cell)