I AM BEING CHARGED WITH FELONY STRANGULATION AND HOSTAGE BUT ITS NOT WHAT HAPPENED HOW CAN i FIGHT THIS

Asked 5 months ago - Palmetto, FL

i GOT IN A DOMESTIC WITH MY GAY PARTNER SHE CLAIMS i ATTACKED HER AND THAT IS NOT TRUE THE STATE ATTORNEY IS FILING THE CHARGES ON ME

1. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

3

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP. That's the only way to fight these charges. A good defense attorney will investigate the issues and attempt to negotiate with the State Attorney's Office before it files formal charges.

2. Larry Thomas McMillan

2

Answered . This is a serious felony charge and you need experienced and qualified representation. I have successfully defended a number of these cases.

3. Leon Hillary Jones

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Dillingham's response. Do not post any more details online. This is a public site and anything you say can and will be used against you.

4. Betty Elaine Jones

2

Answered . You might be able to fight it with a good criminal attorney. You need to contact one and go in for a free consultation. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

5. Camy Beth Schwam-Wilcox

Answered . These are very serious charges. You should be hiring an attorney right away. there may be some motions that can be filed in order to suppress certain evidence. If your girlfriend no longer desires to prosecute, she will have to file a declination of prosecution, and your attorney can assist you with this.
    you could be facing significant prison time, so this is not something you want to do on your own.

6. Anthony Gerald Ryan

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, in our criminal justice system the defendant, which is you in this case, cannot state his or her side of the story until trial. I know this is frustrating when you firmly believe, as you do in this case, you are innocent and the accusing party is not telling the truth. In domestic disputes, investigating officers simply take a report and pick a winner by determining who was the aggressor and who they should believe. Sometimes they do this without even talking to one of the parties. Remember, that probable cause to arrest is an extremely low threshold, while at a jury trial the state must try to prove their case beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt, the highest standard of proof. Meet with and hire an experienced defense attorney with local knowledge. He or she may be able to tell your side of the story to the state and convince them not to file or to reduce the charges before a trial is necessary. If you case is in Manatee or Sarasota County, I can discuss it with you in person or over the phone. Good luck.

7. James Edward Rawe Jr.

Answered . The best way to "fight" the charges against you is to hire an attorney who is able to speak with the prosecutor at the State Attorney's Office in an attempt to have the charges dismissed or reduced. This is the most effective way, but the other way to fight a charge is to take the case to trial. (941) 592-9685.