I am being charged with domestic battery. I had one 10 years ago in which I was given probation. What are the likely outcomes.

Asked 7 months ago - Peoria, IL

I have only had the prior domestic charge and they have charged me with a misdemeanor on this one.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

5

1

Answered . Please hire a lawyer to help you with this. You should not discuss your case online or even privately with anyone but your attorney. There are a number of possible outcomes, ranging from dismissal of the case to jail time. The facts and circumstances surrounding your case are vital but you should not publish that information here. There are many great lawyers in your area. You can find some by contacting your local bar association or clicking on the Find a Lawyer Link at the top of this page. best wishes.

2. Elizabeth Marie Vonau

5

Answered . Charges could be upgraded to a felony or the charges could be dismissed. You will want an experienced defense attorney in your area to assist you further.

3. Melissa I. Smejkal

4

Answered . Not guilty, probation or jail.

4. Jerry A. Tuffentsamer

4

Answered . First, as others have said, do not discuss the specific details of your case or your guilt or innocent on an online public forum. Second, it is hard to speculate what the potential sentence or plea agreement will be without understanding all of the facts and circumstances in the case. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend that you retain a skilled and experience criminal law attorney to represent you. Although many feel that hiring an attorney may be expensive, I assure you a good attorney will make a huge impact on what happens with your case.

5. Fedor Kozlov

Pro

3

Answered . There could be the whole variety. You need to speak to a lawyer and show him/her your specific charges and police report.

6. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

Answered . Not the place to discuss this matter. We don't have all the facts. Hire a defense attorney immediately.