Skip to main content

I am being charged with CA PC M242. If I was to plea guilty, what is the max amount of time I would serve?

San Bernardino, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

This is out of Riverside County with no prior violent charges.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. On a misdemeanor battery charge, you could be sentenced to up to 6 months in County Jail. While the Riverside County DA's office aggressively prosecutes these offenses, you should not do the maximum time if convicted, considering you have no prior violent offense convictions.

    Consider all possible consequences of a conviction, including the affect of a particular conviction on your future employment prospects, and weigh that against the strength and nature of the evidence before seriously entertaining a guilty/no contest plea. You should do this review with an attorney experienced in handling these types of offenses at the Court in Riv County that your case is out of.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics