I am being charged with assault in the 2nd degree and jury selection is on wednesday, the victim signed a false statement

Asked over 1 year ago - Elmhurst, NY

the statement the victim made against me is false and he went to grand jury in exchange for charges being dropped against him for drugs they found on him at the hospital... if the victim does not come to court does the case get dismissed? the prosecution says they are calling 6 witnesses, any idea who they are because they did not disclose any names?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . You need to take a meeting with your attorney. Only he can answer these Questions.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Sometimes the DA can make a case without the victim. Given that you are on the eve of trial I think you lawyer will be in the best position to answer your questions. As for the witnesses, I can only guess they are witnesses and/or cops and/or EMTs or a doctor. Your lawyer likely has talked to the DA about the case so he/she should know.

3. William Peter Daley

1

Answered . If your trial is in 2 days you really should be discussing these questions with your attorney. Good luck.

www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

4. James Regan

Answered . There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.