I am being charged with (3) charges of Insurance Fraud. PC550 (a)(4), PC548(a),PC550(b)(1).

Asked over 2 years ago - Oceanside, CA

I didn't know the true situation until right before the investigation and i covered for my husband at the time because i believed his lies. When i found out the truth, i stopped the claim but i am still being charged. I have since separated from my husband and have a restraining order. Am i going to jail? Is a public defender going to good enough for me? I am a single mother of 2 now and i lost my job because of him 2 days ago....please help!!

1. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

1

Answered . First thing, you need to get an attorney. If you cannot afford a private attorney, then get the public defender.

Second, be very careful what you post online or state anywhere regarding this matter. The prosecutor can use anything you say against you.