I am being bullied and harassed at work. The past several discussions/meetings have been used to misrepresent what I said.

Asked over 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

If Florida is a two party consent state, how can I protect myself when I meet with my boss? I need a witness that can't be bullied and who will change their recollection of the conversations. If I inform the other person that the purpose is to ensure accurate representation of the facts due to inconsistencies of past conversations and the meeting is between two people, do I still have to have both of us consent. I will leave the recorder on the table and provide the other person with a digital & printed copy. Ii have no other way to protect myself against unsubstantiated claims, slander, and misrepresentation. Please help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need an employment law attorney ASAP.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You would need to speak to a local employment lawyer.

  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with a local employment attorney.

Related Topics

Personal injury and defamation

Defamation is any type of emotional or psychological personal injury that occurs when someone intentionally harms another’s character or reputation.

Personal injury and slander

Slander is a type of defamation that occurs when one person verbally harms another person’s character. These false accusations can damage another’s reputation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,345 answers this week

3,953 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,345 answers this week

3,953 attorneys answering