I am being bullied, harassed and retaliated against by my boss and his brother, I want to sue but not sure if I have a case.

Northridge, CA |

I've been working at this company for 7 years owned by boss(A)&(B). Everything was fine between boss(A) and I but his brother whom also works for him has alway given me a hard time at work. About a year ago boss(B) who owns 50% of the company game me a promotion. Ever since, boss(A) started treating me differently and his brother started harassing me even worse. bosses(A)&(B) are having a legal battle. I reported complaints to boss(A) about his brother bullying and harassing me and other employees but he never took action to resolve my complaints. I participated on an investigation where I made a declaration against boss(A). Boss(A)& brother set me up to get me fired and they've been piling me up with unjustified write ups to have a reason to let me go. I've kept records & witnesses

Boss(B) has done everything within his power to help me but boss(A) keeps overrating boss(B). I've kept records of offensive materials and events pertaining to the harassments. What can I do about my situation?

1. More facts are needed because general harassment is not illegal. In order to have a claim, you must be harassed because a protected category such as race, age, disability, etc.

2. More details would have to be known regarding the harassment and retaliation to determine whether or not you have any viable claims.

3. From the facts you have presented thus far, its seems as though you may have claims against your former employer for harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation. You need to seek the advice of an employment attorney in your area.

The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or given me confidential information by posting on this public forum, and my answer on this public forum does not constitute attorney-client advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: In order to comply with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

4. In California, an employer is prohibited from discriminating against an employee based on that employee’s race, national origin, gender, age, or disability, among other traits. More facts about your specific situation are necessary to provide a full legal analysis. If you believe that you were harassed by your boss for any of the above reasons, you should contact an experienced employment law attorney and provide that attorney with all the facts surrounding your specific situation in order to gauge your legal options in this matter.