Skip to main content

I am Asylee and Now US Citizen. I have two sons but i have not mention in the immigration form how can I sponser them?

Flushing, NY |

i am US citizen now. I obtained citizen from asylum. I do not include my sons in my immigration gorm. Now how can i mention that I have two sons one in my former country and one in US in student visa. Can i make a change in the immigration form?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are already a U.S. Citizen you should be able to sponsor them to get a green card so long as they are not inadmissible. You would need to file an I-130 on their behalves. You should consult an immigration attorney to help you with this process.

Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.


you can sponsor them but you may certainly encounter problems in the process due to the fact that you did not mention them for some unknown reason. Best to work with an attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Omitting them from any forms that required that they be disclosed is a major error which will be hard to correct. You need to retain an experienced immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer