I am Asylee and Now US Citizen. I have two sons but i have not mention in the immigration form how can I sponser them?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

i am US citizen now. I obtained citizen from asylum. I do not include my sons in my immigration gorm. Now how can i mention that I have two sons one in my former country and one in US in student visa. Can i make a change in the immigration form?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . you can sponsor them but you may certainly encounter problems in the process due to the fact that you did not mention them for some unknown reason. Best to work with an attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

1

Answered . If you are already a U.S. Citizen you should be able to sponsor them to get a green card so long as they are not inadmissible. You would need to file an I-130 on their behalves. You should consult an immigration attorney to help you with this process.

Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.
    www.landerholmlawoffice.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Omitting them from any forms that required that they be disclosed is a major error which will be hard to correct. You need to retain an experienced immigration attorney.