I am applying for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process but am married to a US Citizen. AM I STILL IN LIMBO?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Has an approved i-130
Has an approved i-765
i-485 Petition for Adjustment of Status/ Residency was denied

1. J Charles Ferrari

15

Answered . Deferred action give you no status, and is not a path to citizenship. Whether you can adjust status depends on why the I-485 was denied.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Peter Min-Su Kyung

Pro

10

Answered . Deferred action does not provide you with a green card. You will be able to work here. The formalities will be released on Aug 15. Assuming you qualify and obtain such 'relief,' you will have to renew it every 2 years.

You should have an attorney look at your denied I-485. First, timing is key. If an attorney believes you have a good chance at successfully appealing the denied petition, I would try that since that is your way of getting a green card.

Second, you should have received a letter stating why the I-485 was denied. Insufficient evidence? Many are denied because people fail to produce sufficient evidence per a RFE (Request for Evidence). If that's the case, you might be able to overcome this denied petition by producing sufficient evidence.

You should speak to an attorney and then determine what your best options are. Best of luck!

Peter Kyung, Esq.
    Carson & Kyung, A Law Corporation
    (916) 241-3336

3. Eugene J. Glicksman

9

Answered . I agree with Mr. Ferrari. The deferred action program will not give you a path to residence. What is important is why your I-485 application was denied. I would strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney for assistance and guidance.

Good luck!

4. Robert West

7

Answered . Yes, still in limbo. Why was the i-485 denied?

5. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Good luck.

Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.
    San Francisco Immigration Attorney
    www.LanderholmLawOffice.com