I am applying for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival. Can I travel to Hawaii if approved? Is there any risk?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Newark, NJ

Which documents should I bring and is there any risk in flying to Hawaii if my process is approved?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

Answered . Hawaii is a state. I would carry the approval notice with you just in case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . Hawaii is one of the United States, it does not constitute foreign travel. If you are granted deferred action, you will not be put in removal proceedings as long as you do not depart the U.S.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . There is nothing preventing you from traveling to Hawaii if you have a valid passport. However, there is also nothing preventing immigration authorities or police at the airport from detaining you because you do not currently have any lawful status. If you can afford a trip to Hawaii, you should be able to afford a consultation with a lawyer to make sure you are eligible for DACA and to make sure your application is done properly. Once you have DACA status you will not have any problem traveling within the U.S.

4. Mark Robert Barr

3

Answered . You should be able to travel within the United States with no difficulty. This would include Hawaii. The risk would be if there was a problem with the airplane and you were forced to land in a foreign country. The details regarding international travel for DACA recipients, with approved advance parole documents, are still being worked out.

5. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

3

Answered . Yes, you can.

6. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

2

Answered . Hawaii is in the US, so I doubt any problems there. But make sure you don't get into any sort of trouble.