I am applying for DACA. I cannot afford a lawyer and will be sending the forms and evidence myself

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

can I include evidence I was here from june 07 to 12 with rent receipts and utility bills but they are not in my name? Because I live at home with family. I also have game receipts can I use those? What else should I use thanks.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . you can use the links below to do your research and answer your questions.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, but you will also need declarations under penalty of perjury from the family members. Attach any other proof you can think of for the years in question, which would substantiate your physical presence.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please believe me when I say that you can't afford not to have an attorney.

    Receipts in other people's names will be of zero value.

    Game receipts? Is your name on them?

    There are non-profit lawyers in NYC ... meet with one of them BEFORE you file any forms.

    NOTE: If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before you file anything. It will probably save you a lot of stress, money, and potentially major problems down the road.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,284 answers this week

2,222 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,284 answers this week

2,222 attorneys answering