I am applying for DACA. I cannot afford a lawyer and will be sending the forms and evidence myself

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

can I include evidence I was here from june 07 to 12 with rent receipts and utility bills but they are not in my name? Because I live at home with family. I also have game receipts can I use those? What else should I use thanks.

Yes, but you will also need declarations under penalty of perjury from the family members. Attach any other proof you can think of for the years in question, which would substantiate your physical presence.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Please believe me when I say that you can't afford not to have an attorney.

Receipts in other people's names will be of zero value.

Game receipts? Is your name on them?

There are non-profit lawyers in NYC ... meet with one of them BEFORE you file any forms.

NOTE: If you are low income go here: or

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before you file anything. It will probably save you a lot of stress, money, and potentially major problems down the road.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

you can use the links below to do your research and answer your questions.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration