I am an unmarried person with a house in both mine and my ex's name is there a way she can try to take everything?

can she sell the house and give me nothing if the house is in both our names? what should i do?

Rombauer, MO -

Attorney Answers (1)

Debra Sue Friedman

Debra Sue Friedman

Real Estate Attorney - Olney, MD

If you are on the deed, she cannot sell your share of the house without your participation. It may be possible for her to sell her share only (although it would be difficult at best to find an interested buyer) or she may seeks the court's asistance to sell the proprety in lieu of partition.

This should not be construed as formal legal advice or the offer of the formation of an attorney/client... more
Sponsored Listing

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.