I am an unmarried person with a house in both mine and my ex's name is there a way she can try to take everything?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rombauer, MO

can she sell the house and give me nothing if the house is in both our names? what should i do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Debra Sue Friedman

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . If you are on the deed, she cannot sell your share of the house without your participation. It may be possible for her to sell her share only (although it would be difficult at best to find an interested buyer) or she may seeks the court's asistance to sell the proprety in lieu of partition.

    This should not be construed as formal legal advice or the offer of the formation of an attorney/client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,624 answers this week

2,641 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,624 answers this week

2,641 attorneys answering