I am an unmarried person with a house in both mine and my ex's name is there a way she can try to take everything?

Asked over 2 years ago - Rombauer, MO

can she sell the house and give me nothing if the house is in both our names? what should i do?

1. Debra Sue Friedman

Answered . If you are on the deed, she cannot sell your share of the house without your participation. It may be possible for her to sell her share only (although it would be difficult at best to find an interested buyer) or she may seeks the court's asistance to sell the proprety in lieu of partition.