Skip to main content

I am an out of state Condo owner. Recently, the Condo Association filed an eviction case against me for back assessments.

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Condominiums HOA liens

I filed out of state address with our Property Management Company over 1 year ago, and have been able to receive letters from them. However, I did not received a 30-Day Notice from Plaintiff, and was served by Special Server. My question is: Is the Condo Assoc required to provide the court my address on file or can they just provide any address to court to serve me?


Attorney Answers 2


Last known address.

But service will be done via your agreement you signed.

Hire counsel.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

1 comment



Sorry, but I don't understand what agreement I signed. It is a condo building, and I am only a unit owner. I have not signed any agreement and assume that Civil Procedure should cover the procedure. Am I mistaken? Thanks.


Your condo documents will generally govern this situation. Consult a local lawyer to resolve the problem. Use find a lawyer feature of this site to locate one.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics