Skip to main content

I am an international student just graduated, planing to start a c corp with couple partners. How can i employ myself?

Gainesville, FL |

I will own most of the shares maybe about 40%. I hear I have to work under someone but how would that work if I am the majority and will be the CEO of the company. If we put board of directors can they be my partners?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Why a "C" corp? It may have terrible tax implications depending on the revenues of the company. Have you considered an LLC? If you have never "formed" a corporation how do you know you are doing it legally correct. Many attorneys charge less than $1,000 to incorporate your business, file it with the state and prepare the many legal documents you need. If your not funded to hire an attorney, you may not be funded enough to be successful. The purposes of forming a company are taxes and legal protection. If you don't have everything legally in place you may not have the corporate veil of protection. Good luck!

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer